Barrow's Intense Apricot Grilled Chicken
- 1 chicken, skin-on bone-in and cut into pieces (wings, breast, thighs, legs)
- 1/2 cup Barrow's Intense Ginger Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Apricot Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 apricots, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Barrow's Intense Ginger Liqueur
- Pinch to 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the chicken and all of the marinade ingredients in a zip lock plastic bag. If you use a large bowl instead, cover with plastic wrap. Ensure all of the chicken pieces are well-coated with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high (~400F). Place the chicken on the grill skin side down. Cover and grill for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken and transfer the wings to a cooler section of the grill (or on the top rack). Cover and grill for about 15 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Apricot Sauce: Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan on medium-low heat. Add the apricots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and Barrow’s Intense and simmer until the apricots are tender, 5 – 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Photo & recipe courtesy of Hazel Sy of TastyPursuits.com