Barrow’s Ginger Pear Glazed Ham
This super easy recipe was a huge hit for Xmas dinner
- 3 oz Barrow’s Intense Ginger Liqueur
- 1 oz Rare Pear Brandy
- 1 Ham
- Mix 3 oz Barrow's Intense with 1 oz Rare Pear Brandy (to start).
- In a roasting pan place your ham bone up and bast the outside of the ham with the mix.
- Inject as much liquid as you can into the ham along the bone and any scoring from your butcher.
- Repeat this process every 20-30 minutes while cooking.
- Add more mix if the bottom of the pan starts to dry out.
- minutes before your Ham is ready cut up fresh pears and line bottom of pan. There should still be considerable liquid at this point.
- Remove ham and pears take remaining liquid and reduce down in sauce pan if needed and server over the ham and pear slices.
We used a mix of of our favorite pear brandy "Rare Pear Brandy" by Harvest Spirits from Valatie, NY and Barrow's Intense to bast the ham