The Hot Commodity
- 2 ounces double-strength black tea, cooled
- 2 ounces Barrow’s Intense ginger liqueur
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 drop clove oil
- 1 hearty dash Angostura bitters
- FOR THE GARNISH
- Chinese five spice (at least 1 teaspoon)
- Granulated white sugar (at least 1 teaspoon)
- Lemon wedge
- Cinnamon stick
- Combine equal parts Chinese five spice and granulated white sugar on a small plate.
- Using a prepared lemon wedge, moisten the rim of a coupe or cocktail glass, then gently roll the rim in the spice mixture.
- Set aside (but hold onto that lemon wedge for the next step).
- Add the tea, ginger liqueur, bourbon, lemon juice (squeezed from that wedge!), clove oil, and bitters to a cocktail shaker or widemouth mason jar with a handful of ice.
- Shake well then strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick — or not — and enjoy!